Sunday 27 November 2011

I'm developing an obsession



6:30 am on a Sunday morning. I should be lying in bed. I really should be asleep.
I really, really should not be in the kitchen.  And I absolutely should not feel happy with myself for having 3 different types of bread proving.  On a Sunday morning.  At 6:30am.
But I am.
It appears I may have become obsessed.
It all started a week or two ago when I thought I'd have a go at making an olive and sun dried tomato stuffed bread.  i can't even remember why that suddenly popped into my head.  I've made bread before - solid wholemeal loaves the size, shape and often texture of a house brick.  Sometimes the taste too.  But this time it seems to be different.  I can spend a happy couple of hours scouring the bread blogs, looking at new crumb pictures, studying recipes and making plans.
And I seem to find myself in the kitchen at 6:30 on a Sunday morning.  Proving 3 different types of loaves (vegan brioche, fig and walnut spelt loaf and a house brick of wholemeal since you ask).  Obviously I'm taking pictures.  Well, for one thing I'm a photographer.
And it just kind of seemed natural to put them on a blog.
So here I am.  Hello World.

1 comment: